Nevada Auto Insurance
Switch and save on car insurance
Driving in Nevada is nothing short of an adventure. Scenic landscapes and vibrant cities abound, and there’s a sense of discovery around every corner.
But driving everywhere is a risk, even on the illustrious Silver State’s roads. That’s why it’s important that you understand how auto insurance in Nevada works – its requirements, legalities, premiums, and bundles.
Sounds complicated? Not after reading this article. Let’s talk about Nevada auto insurance.
Mandatory Auto Insurance in Nevada
The first thing that you have to know about auto insurance in Nevada is that you are required to have at least the minimum amount of liability insurance. This is to ensure that you can still fulfill your financial responsibility to the other party in case you get into an accident.
While this is true in all states, the minimum prices vary. In Nevada, the minimum required liability insurance follow the 25/50/20 rule, according to the Nevada Division of Insurance.
- 25,000 liability for bodily injury or death per person
- $50,000 liability for bodily injury or death per accident (involving multiple people), and
- $20,000 for property damage
Mandatory insurance will cover your financial responsibility to the other party in the worst-case scenario, but it won’t do much for your finances.
If you want to receive more than the minimum, or if you want to be protected in case the other party doesn’t have insurance, you will need additional insurance coverage.
Fortunately, there are a lot of other insurance options that you can find in Nevada beyond just the minimum requirements. Here are some of the most useful ones that you need to consider.
- Collision insurance. A type of insurance coverage that pays for financial damages in case your vehicle is involved in a collision, regardless of who is at fault.
- Comprehensive insurance. This policy protects you from everything else that is not a result of the collision, such as vandalism, theft, falling objects, and more.
- Medical payments. Also called Medpay, this insurance covers the medical costs of treating you and your passengers in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. In Nevada, Medpay can also be used for injuries to a pedestrian struck by a vehicle.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist insurance. This type of insurance kicks in when the other party in your car accident doesn’t have insurance or if their coverage isn’t enough for all losses.
- Roadside assistance coverage. This type of policy is meant to help you in paying for roadside assistance during emergency situations that may occur while driving, such as a car breakdown or becoming incapable of driving.
As a responsible driver, you need to keep everyone’s safety as the top priority. But it shouldn’t end there – you should also protect yourself.
Perhaps the biggest consideration when choosing insurance providers in Nevada is the premium you have to pay.
Several factors affect the price of your premiums, but all factors affect your premiums the same way: the higher your risk, the higher your premiums tend to be.
Personal factors such as age, driving record, previous violations, and more goes a long way to driving up your prices. Typically, if you’re young, with a clean driving record, and a relatively safe occupation, your premiums can stay well within State averages.
Your location itself can also be a factor. Nevada’s high population density, urban traffic congestion, and weather conditions can also contribute to higher prices because those factors make you more likely to claim insurance.
Nevertheless, the best thing you can do if you want to find out your premium rate is to talk to a potential insurance provider, such as Magnum Insurance.
Choosing the right insurance provider in Nevada can be complex, but it’s simple once you find the right insurance provider. When selecting an auto insurance provider in Nevada, look for insurers with a strong track record, excellent reputation, and great customer service.
And you don’t have to look far because Magnum Insurance checks all those boxes neatly.
Magnum Insurance is a premier insurance provider in Nevada. With us, you can expect carefully-considered insurance policies that give you the best bang for your buck.
Best of all, you can create a bespoke insurance policy without any hassle and for free.
All you have to do is call! Dial us now for a free quote!
Magnum Insurance makes Nevada auto insurance easy
Insurance should be easy, and with Magnum Insurance, it is. Get your online insurance done at your convenience now!
Flexible payment options including cash. Call, visit a store, or make a payment online by logging into your account.
Manage your policy. File and track a claim. Do it all with a few taps on your smartphone.
No one likes to file or manage a claim. That’s why we make the process easy with online forms and dedicated agents.
Get a free Nevada Auto Insurance quote today
Quote and buy car insurance online today with Magnum Insurance. Or talk to one of our certified local agents.
Is there a local Nevada Auto Insurance agent near me?
Try our Location Finder to find the nearest agent near you.