New Mexico Auto Insurance
Switch and save on new Mexico auto insurance
Driving is a must in the sprawling Land of Enchantment. Expect plenty of open spaces and long roads, so no matter how safe driving in New Mexico can be, just the sheer amount of time you spend behind the wheel can expose you to more dangers compared to more compact places.
Your protection should match the risks you’re exposed to, so it’s important to carefully consider whether your auto insurance covers everything you need.
This page walks you through the details of New Mexico auto insurance to help you determine the best options.
Mandatory Auto Insurance in New Mexico
Driving in New Mexico might not be particularly dangerous, although it has its fair share of risks.
But with so much driving to do, drivers are simply more exposed to dangers on the road. That’s why complying with New Mexico’s mandatory auto insurance requirements is essential for all drivers, as it’s a way to protect the general public against these dangers.
According to the MVD New Mexico, the state law mandates that every vehicle on the road must have liability coverage of at least:
- $25,000 for liability coverage of bodily injury or death per person.
- $50,000 for liability coverage of bodily injury per accident of two or more people
- $10,000 for liability coverage of property damage.
Not having insurance that reaches these minimums is not only dangerous, it’s also illegal. Driving without insurance in New Mexico can lead to fines, license suspension, and even vehicle impoundment.
While meeting minimum liability requirements is crucial for protecting others, basic liability insurance only protects other drivers that might be involved in an accident with you.
Other coverage options are geared towards protecting your finances if you experience a vehicle-related incident on the long roads. These optional but useful coverage options include the following:
- Comprehensive coverage. This coverage safeguards your vehicle against non-collision events like theft, vandalism, and natural disasters, which can be very common in the state.
- Collision coverage. This insurance policy protects your vehicle if it gets into an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage. These types of coverage protect you from the expenses of getting into an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist, which can be common in New Mexico.
- Roadside assistance coverage. This coverage is there to help you pay for roadside assistance if your car breaks down or an emergency that renders you unable to drive occurs while you’re on the road
These optional policies can be added to any New Mexico auto insurance package to provide the best possible protection for you, your vehicle, and other drivers.
To get the best insurance premium for your needs, you need to accurately estimate the premium price you might need to pay.
And while premium prices can vary a lot, there are specific factors that can act as barometers for the price that insurers will likely ask, such as the following:
- Personal factors. Your driving record, age, lifestyle, and more are significant determinants for your premiums.
- Location factors. New Mexico’s high accident rates, extreme weather conditions, deteriorated roads and bridges, and car-related incident fatalities can greatly affect your risk factor while driving there, which means it can also drive up your premiums.
Nevertheless, driving in New Mexico is still relatively safe. Maintaining a clean driving record, completing defensive driving courses, and installing safety features in your vehicle can go a long way to lowering your risk factors, and, thus your insurance costs.
In a land of long, winding desert roads, auto insurance is crucial for drivers in New Mexico. If you’re considering switching providers or choosing your first one, you need to choose an insurer that understands the importance of having the right insurance policy for your specific needs.
If you want the best outcomes, you need to make sure that you find an insurance company that meet the following:
- Has sufficient experience and expertise in the industry
- Works with you to find the best policy for your budget
- Offers comprehensive policies that matches the market
- Has agents that are always available whenever you need them
- Prioritizes what’s truly best for you
Magnum Insurance is an experienced provider of bespoke, high-quality, and budget-friendly insurance policies that will let you navigate New Mexico with confidence.
Best of all, all of these benefits come with absolutely no hassle on your part! Just schedule a free consultation and discover how easy it is to set yourself up for success.
Call us now for a free quote!
Magnum Insurance makes new Mexico auto insurance easy
Insurance should be easy, and with Magnum Insurance, it is. Get your online insurance done at your convenience now!
Flexible payment options including cash. Call, visit a store, or make a payment online by logging into your account.
Manage your policy. File and track a claim. Do it all with a few taps on your smartphone.
No one likes to file or manage a claim. That’s why we make the process easy with online forms and dedicated agents.
Get a free New Mexico Auto Insurance quote today
Quote and buy car insurance online today with Magnum Insurance. Or talk to one of our certified local agents.
Is there a local New Mexico Auto Insurance agent near me?
Try our Location Finder to find the nearest agent near you.